Around a year or so ago, Genesis was one of the best Kodi add-ons you could get for Kodi. Simply put, it had the most well-rounded collection of channels, and it was also pretty much bulletproof – so pretty much every single link worked. But since then, Genesis has deteriorated, and now with no developer support, it’s pretty much unusable for streaming movies and TV shows.
In 2016, you can download a number of alternative addons like Velocity, Phoenix or Exodus – but now Specto is one of the most popular. Simply put, Specto is the Genesis add on resurrected and updated for 2016, complete with working links. So, want to download one of the most highly regarded Kodi addons in a new, refreshed form? Here’s how to download the Specto add-on to Kodi.
How to download the Specto extension on Kodi
1. First, boot up Kodi and navigate to System | File Manager | Add source
2. After that, select None, and type the following into the box, http://kodi.filmkodi.com
3. It’s important to complete the type the address in exactly as it’s written above, or this tutorial won’t work. If you’re worried about accuracy, it’s worth copy and pasting the address to save time. Once you’re confident you’ve type it in properly, click “Done.”
4. Kodi will then ask you to name the source, so call it something memorable, like Specto, and then click Ok.
5. You’ll then need to back to the Kodi home screen and navigate to System | Add-ons | Install from zip file.
6. There you should see the source you named earlier, which in our case is Specto. Click that and then select repository.filmkodi.com.
7. In that repository, you’ll see a list of zip files. You need to download the most up to date version of Specto, so it should be called something like “repository.filmkodi.com-x.x.x.zip,” with the x’s marking the latest version number. Click on it.
8. Kodi will begin to extract the file, and you’ll then see an “Add-on enabled” notification. After that, go to Install from repository | Filmkodi.com repository – MRKNOW.
9. Next, go to video add-ons | Specto -… Fork, and then click install. You’ll now be able to access the Specto add-on. To access it at any time, just go to Video add-ons from the main menu.