MSI has just lifted the lid on its latest motherboard, the X99A GAMING Pro Carbon. As the name none-too-subtly suggests, it’s got gamers in its sites, and is packed with features, and the odd bit of bling.
Getting the bling out of the way, the X99A GAMING Pro Carbon uses MSI’s Mystic Lighting hardware and software, which lets you pick the motherboard’s lighting effects from over 16.8 million colours and 17 lighting effects. This is now supported by a Mystic Light app on your phone, so you can set your PC’s lighting remotely. The new Mystic Light Extension lets you build that control into any strip lighting you’ve got in the case as well.
More practically useful is the motherboard’s front USB Type C port – you need a case that supports this, but it’s certainly handy. Onboard Turbo M.2 Turbo U.2 are supported for fast NVMe SSD performance, while DDR4 Boost and DDR4 Steel Armour offers improved memory performance EMI shielding. MSI Gaming LAN Manager prioritises game traffic, and customise networking bandwidth on a per-application basis, and Audio Boost 3 uses high-end audio components capable of 8-channel audio.
Game Boost handles overclocking of both your CPU and memory, and MSI is promising one touch performance boosts of up to 5GHz, while deeper tweaking can be done via the OC Engine. Titanium chokes and Dark CAPs deliver better thermal performance and lower Equivalent Series Resistance for better reliability and long term performance.
Here’s the full spec list:
- Supports New Intel® Core™ i7 Processor Extreme Edition for LGA 2011-3 socket
- DDR4 Steel Armor with Best signal stability , Quad Channel DDR4-3466+(OC)
- Mystic Light: Customize and set up your own color scheme with GAMING APP to make your PC look & feel brand new!
- Mystic Light Extension: Extend you style to everything
- Turbo U.2 & M.2 Steel Armor: Delivering next generation M.2 Gen3 x4 performance with transfer speeds up to 32 Gb/s
- USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C & Type-A combo + USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C (front) + SATA EXPRESS 10Gb/s + SATA 6Gb/s
- Audio Boost 3 : Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality
- Nahimic Audio Enhancer: Immersive sound quality that pushes the limits of reality
- GAMING LAN with LAN Protect, powered by Intel® : The best online gaming experience with lowest latency
- XSplit Gamecaster V2: Show off you skills to the world with a 1 year premium license for this popular streaming software
- Military Class 5: The latest evolution in high quality components featuring the brand new Titanium Chokes
- Guard-Pro: Improved Protection and Power Efficiency
- MULTI-GPU with Steel Armor: Steel Armor PCI-E slots. Supports 3-way NVIDIA SLI & AMD Crossfire™
- Game Boost: Generate more FPS in games with 1 push of a button
- EZ Debug LED: Easiest way to troubleshoot
- Overvoltage Protection:Prevent Unforeseen Damage
- GAMING Hotkey: Launch your favorite games with a single button
- Click BIOS 5: Award-winning brand new Click BIOS 5 with high resolution scalable font
- SteelSeries Certified: Optimized for SteelSeries gaming gear
- GAMING CERTIFIED: 24-hour on- and offline game testing by eSports players for the best gaming experience
You can learn more about the mobo at the official product page. We’re chasing pricing right now.