Considering the high marks set by Fire Emblem: Awakening and Fire Emblem Fates, we have high hopes for the re-imagining / remaster of Fire Emblem Gaiden – Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. It’ll offer some different gameplay approaches to the recent ‘main’ 3DS entries, all within that familiar art style.
It’ll be interesting to see how it stacks up, but of course beyond the hefty main adventures this is a series that has fully embraced DLC on the 3DS. This game’s no different, and initial details out of Japan showed how content will – as usual – be significant and staggered over the weeks after launch. Nintendo of America has now published details and pricing for its region, and those wanting all of the extras will have plenty to take on.
It’ll be relatively pricey to keep up with all of it – the season pass costs more than the core game, and even that represents a discount of over 30% off buying each pack separately. Details are below:
- Season Pass (May 19, $44.99 / £39.99 / €44.99, 22 pieces of content): The Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Season Pass includes all five DLC packs as they release. By purchasing the Season Pass, fans who want to receive all DLC will save more than 30 percent compared to purchasing all 22 pieces of content on their own.
- DLC Pack #1 – Fledgling Warriors Pack (May 19, $7.99 / £7.19 / €7.99, three pieces of content): Ideal for early- to mid-game adventurers, this pack includes a new dungeon (The Astral Temple) and two new maps, great for gaining more items, money and experience points.
- DLC Pack #2 – Undaunted Heroes Pack (May 25, $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99, three pieces of content): In addition to a new dungeon (The Inner Sanctum), this pack also includes two challenging new maps that stronger, more seasoned heroes will want to tackle.
- DLC Pack #3 – Lost Altars Pack (May 25, $14.99 / £13.49 / €14.99, 10 pieces of content): The mysterious dungeons included in this pack hold the power to upgrade characters to exclusive classes that don’t appear in the main game.
- DLC Pack #4 – Rise of the Deliverance Pack (June 1, $12.99 / £11.69 / €12.99, four pieces of content): Discover the previously untold history of Valentia in this Prologue pack. Complete with new story content and additional voice acting that details the rise of the Deliverance in Zofia, this collection of challenging maps includes new support conversations between selected heroes, as well as the ability to take command of a character players won’t be able to control in the main game.
- DLC Pack #5 ($5.99 / £4.49 / €4.99, two pieces of content): More information about this final DLC pack will be revealed in the future.
So there you have it – that’s a lot of DLC. How many of you are interested in buying the whole lot through the Season Pass?