Nintendo left the Brazilian market back in 2015, but now thanks to games importer NC Games, the company will re-enter the games market in Brazil.
NC Games and Nintendo will bring the Switch and 3DS consoles to Brazil, with the following games (during the first run):
- 1-2 Switch (Switch)
- Mario Party Star Rush (3DS)
- Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon (3DS)
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)
- Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (3DS)
- Fire Emblem Fates Birthright (3DS)
- Kirby: Planet Robot (3DS)
NC Games are also working on bringing Bomberman R and Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers to Brazil.
Brazil has always been a weird gaming market due to its massive import taxes: video games and consoles typically can cost twice as much in Brazil as in the US. When the Wii U launched in Brazil in 2013, it cost a whopping $800.
And NC Games are expecting just that: they said that they anticipate Switch games to cost between $90 and $120 in the country.